PET DOG ALERTS RESIDENTS TO MAJOR FIRE IN UP\'S BANDA, DIES A HERO
April 13, 2019
A pet dog has been hailed a hero after it helped more than 30 people escape a major fire at a building in Uttar Pradesh. The fire set off cylinder blasts, leaving four adjacent buildings completely damaged. The dog, however, could not be saved.
The incident occurred at an electronics and furniture showroom situated in a residential colony in Banda. The owner used to live in the top floor of the four-storey building.
"The dog kept barking at the fire which alerted everyone and allowed them to escape safely. The dog later died when a cylinder blasted," news agency ANI quoted an eyewitness as saying.
A fire official later said that short circuit in the first floor led to a fire that quickly spread due to firewood that was illegally stored in the area.
The intensity of the blast was so powerful that it left four buildings in the area completely damaged. Goods worth crores of rupees have been de
.stroyed in the fire
Punjab firecracker factory blast 19 dead as buildi...
Three CISF men among 4 killed in blaze at ONGC pla...
The Amazon rainforest fires
Wildfires are burning around the world
Delhi Police register FIR against unknown people
After a major fire broke out at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) here on Saturday, forcing evacuation and disrupting hospital services, Delhi Police registered an FIR in the incident on Sunday.
The FIR was registered u...