Fire breaks out inside godown in Kanpur, no casualties reported
A fire broke out inside a godown due to short-circuit in Collectorganj area of Kanpur in Uttar Pradesh on Saturday morning.
Five fire tenders were pressed into action, a fire official said.
Six people including two children and an elderly woman were rescued from the building.
No casualties were reported.
"Five people were on the third floor and one on the fourth floor of the building. All of them have been evacuated. No incident of casualties have taken place," Kanpur city SSP Ananth Dev said.
However, some people alleged lacklustre on part of the administration.
Mahanagar Udyog Mandal, a traders body, president Pawan Gupta said, "It has been two hours since the fire broke out. Fire tenders reached the spot 30 minutes after the blaze.
Delhi Police register FIR against unknown people
After a major fire broke out at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) here on Saturday, forcing evacuation and disrupting hospital services, Delhi Police registered an FIR in the incident on Sunday.
The FIR was registered u...
Massive Fire Broke out in the History of AIIMS
New Delhi: A major fire broke out at the teaching block of the AIIMS here on Saturday, destroying samples and medical reports and forcing evacuation of some patients, though no one was injured, officials said.
A resident doctor, who has ...
Massive fire breaks out in Delhi Gandhinagar marke...
Six shops were damaged after a fire broke out in the Gandhinagar garments market in East Delhi on Tuesday morning, said the fire department.
As many as 22 fire tenders were sent to the spot to douse the flames. It is suspected that fire ...
Govt orders probe into fire in MTNL, BSNL
Govt orders probe into fire in MTNL, BSNL buildings in Mumbai, Delhi and Kolkata
The government on Tuesday ordered a high-level inquiry into the fire incidents in MTNL and BSNL buildings in Mumbai, Delhi and Kolkata, and asked the two fi...
Kolkata: Fire breaks out inside BSNL building in S...
A massive fire broke out at the Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) building in Salt Lake in Kolkata, West Bengal. The case of the fire has not been ascertained. No casualty has been reported yet.
Huge smoke is seen billowing out of the ...